THREE IN-PERSON WORKSHOPS: OVERVIEW. DATES. VENUES.
Workshops are meetings where participants join with faculty to cover key aspects of surgical leadership. They feature highly interactive lectures, discussions, group work, and peer-to-peer learning projects.
- Workshop 1: Your choice of venue
- Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA | September 10-13, 2018; or
- The Royal Society in London, UK | October 5-8, 2018
- Workshop 2: Your choice of venue
- Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA | March 11-14, 2019; or
- The Royal Society in London, UK | April 1-4, 2019
- Workshop 3: All participants convene in Boston, MA
- Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA | September 12-15, 2019
Workshops feature highly interactive teaching and skills-development experiences and faculty from Harvard Medical School, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Harvard Business School and surgical innovators at Harvard Medical School-affiliated teaching hospitals.
For this program, more than 40 leading experts have recorded lectures about executive skills development and leadership. All of the lecturers are distinguished members of the Harvard community: Harvard Medical School, Harvard Business School, Harvard Law School, Harvard Kennedy School, and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
You can watch these lectures at times that best suit your schedule. Typically participants view two lectures per week to keep up with the progression of the course.
On-Demand Lectures are eligible for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
This program includes both interactive “review session” webinars and “hot topic” webinars:
- Review Sessions: Pose your specific questions about key concepts taught in the workshops and on-demand lectures. Each review session will feature a world-class expert in the subject(s) under review. You can send your questions ahead of time or pose them during the webinar.
- Hot Topic Sessions: These sessions cover new technologies, surgical advances, cutting-edge practices in quality and safety, and other “hot topics” in surgery, and offer participants the ability to hear directly from innovators in surgical practices and leadership.
Webinars are typically broadcast at 9:00 a.m. local time in Boston.
The webinar schedule will be provided at the first workshop.
The year-long Surgical Leadership program concludes with a graduation ceremony on September 16, 2019 to honor participants’ work and achievements and award each participant a certificate of completion. The ceremony is hosted at Harvard Medical School. Family and friends are cordially invited to attend.
Be our guest and join faculty and fellow participants for dinners hosted by Harvard Medical School during the first and second workshops of this program.
Gala Celebratory Dinner
September 15, 2019
Boston, MA, USA
The evening prior to the graduation ceremony, Harvard Medical School invites each graduate and a guest to a gala dinner reception.